The latest installment from the Backstage Pass series is a story I couldn’t resist writing. These characters have called to me from the beginning, and I hope you delve into their story as deeply as I did!
Rock star Nate Hawthorne’s good-guy status is as iconic as his black cowboy hat, despite his personal struggles. Now faced with his own mortality, he must choose whether to continue being the good friend, the good band mate…or risk being very, very bad.
Sara Drayton has overcome a nightmare childhood to stand on her own merits, even if her overprotective brother can’t see it. Nate has been her forbidden fantasy for years. Now he’s offering her a no-strings weekend at his cabin to fulfill all her desires – except her wish to be his forever.
Nate knows he’s breaking the rules by taking Sara to bed, but he’s desperate for the peace he can only find through her touch. With death on the horizon, can forbidden love bring one man back from the brink of an uncertain future?
For today’s release, I’ll let you in on a little secret: I focus a lot on my heroes, but all of my heroines have a little something in common with me. For Sara, its her organizational skills—AKA lists. Lots and lots of lists. Hope you enjoy this one:
1. Sara Drayton isn’t a spontaneous woman. She’s driven, creative, and organized. But she won’t pass up the once-in-a-lifetime chance to spend the weekend in Nate Hawthorne’s bed.
2. Sara’s theme song for this book is Show Me Love.
3. Nate has been haunting my brain since I finish Book 1 (Finding Her Rhythm).
4. Nate’s theme song for this book is Not My Time.
5. Nate and Sara both had very different childhood issues, but they handled it exactly the same: being good. Not causing problems or worries for those around them.
6. Sara is Jake’s sister, Solar Uprising’s stage manager.
7. Jake has a very difficult road ahead of him, now that his sister has found her independence.
8. The cover for this story was a long time in the making, because I couldn’t find the right pictures to fit the feel of the story. My cover artist, Elizabeth Wallace, did an excellent job (and showed a lot of patience).
9. This story is a little different than the other 3 in the series—it doesn’t have a suspense element running through it.
10. I’ve got a simple contest going on over the next few weeks. Why? I just love to make readers smile. Just follow this link and enter to win a $25 gift card to Amazon or B&N. I’ll choose a random winner on July 15th! Easy peasy.
GOIN’ OUT SOLO is live on Amazon and B&N today for only 99 cents. And while I’d love for you to grab the other books, SOLO is easy to read as a stand-alone too! So what are you waiting for??? Buy it and enter the contest today!