Today, as I mourn the start of another round of deprivation (otherwise known as a diet), I give you my list of Top 10 All-Time Favorite Desserts:
1. Krispy Kreme Sour Cream/Hot Glazed donuts
(both are my favorite in their own special way—as my bio will attest)
2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
3. Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
4. Reese’s Peanut Butter Trees
5. My Mama’s Cheesecake
6. Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins
7. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
8. Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
9. Twix Bars
10. Dark Chocolate Anything!
Takeaway: So you can enjoy what I can’t, here’s my Mama’s Cheesecake recipe. Be sure to eat a piece for me!
QUICK & EASY CHEESECAKE
2-8oz. packages cream cheese (don’t skimp by getting low fat!)
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. sour cream
2 graham cracker crusts
Use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, eggs, and half of the sugar/vanilla in a bowl. Pour half into each crust and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix sour cream and rest of sugar/vanilla with a spoon. Pour on top of the two pies and bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Refrigerate after cooling.
* Cheesecake photo by Whym (WikiCommons)